Saturday, February 27, 2010

hey guys i wrote this, tell me what you think...

Scene: boy and girl sitting on a bench, the wind barely blowing and they are sitting there exchanging silence for silence. They steal sidelong glances at each other hoping that the pain will go away. He reaches over and covers her hand with his; she drags in a sharp un-easy breath.

Girl: I let you in.

Boy: I know.

Girl: no you don’t know! You got to see the real me, and not very many people get a chance to see that. I told you everything and for the first time in… well forever I let someone in and I wasn’t afraid either, I actually wanted you in. I wanted you to see who I was.

Boy: we all belong with someone in the end. There is some one out there who will love us for who we are. I just wasn’t the guy.

Girl: but I love you.

Boy: I know, I can see it in your eyes, the way you look at me. And I hope you know that I love you too.

Girl: then why can’t we be together again?

Boy: because we aren’t meant for each other, we don’t match.

Girl: we aren’t meant for each other? Who is to say that we aren’t? I am sure that there is more than one guy I could easily be happy with.

Boy: I’m just not one of them.

Girl: [silence]

Boy: I know that I have hurt you, I know that I am hurting you but don’t be afraid of love because when it is real it is a hell of a lot scarier than this, don’t be afraid to show him who you really are. And I promise you that he is out there and he will love you more than I will ever be able to.

Scene: they look at each other one last time, soaking up each other’s scent, looking back at the memories, their hands kissing. The wind changes direction and they stand and walk their separate ways, but both heading towards an unknown world in a more terrifying state then they had left it.

No comments: